Monday, September 14, 2009

My New Old Home


I bought a house in July of this year. It was built in 1921 but has had quite of work done (by a "flipper" aka a guy who flips houses). The kitchen was brand spankin' new and the bathroom was all re-tiled. I got a GREAT deal on the place and I feel very lucky. It's a nice quiet neighborhood and the good news is that my great friend, Sarah Ward is right around the corner!
I decided to do a little work on the place - some painting and removing of some mirrors. I ran into a little damage on some of the walls, which will delay me getting everything completed as soon as I wanted. People say that a work in progress is fun - unfortunately, I'm not always good at enjoying the journey - but I'm learning.

Here are some pictures of my new place and the work I've done so far - with the help of MANY kind friends. There is much more to do, but it will take a little while. The housewarming is planned for Fall of 2010. No, I'm not kidding....

I hope you like the pictures!

No comments: