Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What is a Barrel Dress?

Well, good question, Ann! First of all, I spelled it wrong...yeah, where is spell checker when you need it???

What am I talking about? The previous post talked about how Lynn didn't like the look of "barrel dresses" we saw at the Arts Festival. But alas! This is not their official name. I searched the web and came up short....Can you believe they don't actually call it that?? I thought barrel dress was a perfect name!!!

This is the closest thing I could find and it looks a little bit like what we saw. Notice the band around the legs. That same "band" is also around the top - usually sleeveless and looks like a kickback from the 80s. It's also made of that terrific knit instead of this sweater material found here. I'm SO glad knit came back!!! (insert sarcasm here.)

Anyway, someday I'll find the perfect picture of a barrel dress so you will all know what to avoid in real life....

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

If you want the perfect picture of a barrel dress just watch so you think you can dance ... those chicas are always wearing them especially Chelsie. I am not judging I am just saying...

BatMom said...

leg warmers, spike heels and a REALLY short hair cut and I can visualize Pat Benatar!