Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lava Hot Springs - the end

yeah, so I love to finish my stories...even if they don't have exciting endings. But I need closure in everything I do, so let's finish this sucker, up!

So the question was, what would I do with the rest of my afternoon if I wasn't going to go down that dreaded river. I decided to revisit the hot springs. They are therapeutic. They are hot. They calm the soul. Or at least make the soul sweat. Who doesn't love a sweating soul???

I enjoyed every minute of it! And faced no uncertain death. NICE!

After goofing off in really hot water, it was off to the park to meet up with the ward for Flirting 101. Apparently a ward of 31 to 45 year old single people need help when it comes to flirting. I'm not sure why people assume that. OH wait! We are still single! HA! Actually, what I think we need is Commitment 401. Because really, we can't seem to get to that point. The flirting is a done deal! I can really lay on the flirting when I want/need to. But it's a great excuse to get the sexes to get together and...do whatever is we do.

We played games and such. It was a good time...then a delicious dinner! Got to love fajitas!! This activities committee went BEYOND the call of duty on this trip!

Then it was off to see the Bulls Only Rodeo. I've only ever seen the 24th of July rodeo before so I'm still new at this. It's some crazy people that ride bulls that are really angry. And who can blame those bulls! You all know why they are mad, right???

But it makes for some excitement...

And did you know that they auction off the bull riders and the bulls at their "half time"? (or maybe it's a "seventh inning stretch") It's all very complicated and was quite confusing at first. But I got some info from a fellow ward member that "knows" this kind of stuff, I now see how it works. Seems like a big risk but apparently people have hundreds of dollars just laying around to buy a bull for a night. Crazy!

After watching the rodeo it was time for the trip home. There were no pitstops this time...just some great music from Callie's IPOD and me driving like a banshee to get home before midnight...

And honestly, it's been so long ago, I have no idea WHAT time we arrived.

I think I'm getting old....

2 comments:

triciab said...

I think it's hilarious that it took you three attempts to get all the Lava stuff on here! Great weekend! Happy Memories.

mo12miller@gmail.com said...

It's good to see pictures of your parents. They look happy & relaxed. It sounds like fun what you did over the weekend. Sweet.