Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lava Hot Springs

What does every "single" person who attends a singles ward love to do each summer??? YES! Go on a ward trip! It just screams FUN! Ok, maybe not non-stop fun. In fact it will be full of some awkward moments BUT with some fun...it's the price you pay for going on these suckers...

Now, when you start out a trip and drive by a moped that carries a blowup doll, YOU KNOW you are going to have some real fun! As Ward says, "It's a good omen!"

We - that being me, Callie, and Dona - made the trip to Lava Hot Springs, Idaho after work on Thursday night. We made good time even though mapblast made us make a detour that wasn't necessary ("Mapblast, you're FIRED!").

We did find a fabulous rest stop just inside of Idaho. Those Idahoans put there money in those rest stops...nice!

The trip was to last two nights. I weighed my options and decided that the first night I would spend it in the hotel. Then the next night I would be 'tough' and camp out. But the first night, LUXURY!!

And the Lava Hot Springs Home hotel was just that!! The bed was FANTASTIC as Callie would say...it was pillow top and KING SIZED!!

The room had just been redone. No seriously, like the day before...it had a brand new bathroom. The water that came out of the sink faucet was beautiful!! It looked crystal clear! The most gorgeous H20 I've seen in SUCH a long time!! Beautimous!

Now, let's talk about that bathtub! It had enough room for a small gathering (which is 4 or 5 and not 15 to 20 which is my normal size for "small gatherings"). The tiles were beautiful! and I must say, I look so well rested in that tub!

What was crazy was this place was only $65 a night! Whoa!

The only bad part were the drunken pseudo-hells angels rejects. It was so pathetic...but who's judging!!

The only painful part of the evening was a sudden Charlie horse in my 3rd toe from the right on my left foot. I believe that is known as the Little Piggy that had roast beef...

Dude. The middle toe is totally giving the bird!!

The morning came and the new day was beautiful! Especially because we had breakfast and Sunnyside Restaurant. Oh! I had some lovely eggs and hashbrowns! Oh, delicious!

The rest if the day was full of adventures at the local shopping district...ok, the local grocery store and two touristy shops - one that sold water shoes and one sold Indian artifacts and funny reindeer standing with Santa Clause - as seen here - although it was very much disguised.

The water shoes were a good idea because - yes, I forgot them!! And if you are going to go down the river, you are going to need water shoes. I got an excellant price - $12 - pretty good for the only water shoes in town!

The afternoon was left for some hot springs living!! So we spent $6 and sat in some 104 dgree water. Then there was the 108 degree water with gravel. The 112 degree pool was just not my idea of a good time...but I was able to FINALLY finish Don Quxiote. Yes, I finally finished all 1000 pages!

4 comments:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Danielle, I love you! Your post made me smile, just because I could imagine what you'd look and sound like saying it:) Your right us Idahoans pride ourselves on our rest stops-- it might be the only part of Idaho some folks see!

Cindy Bean said...

I was there! I was there! I floated down that same river the exact same day that you did!

plainoldsarah said...

wow i hadn't heard about the moped guy - that really IS a good omen! and it was a good trip.

Richard and Katrina said...

You have all the fun! (especially the charlie horsed toe, jealous!) Seriously though, your blog is fun to read!